Current Development Version
We’re only fixing typos and clarity issues in the Stable version of the rules. All balance feedback should be directed against the Development version.
- v0.3.4 – Development Branch – Continued development of Advanced Operations
- v0.3.3 – Current Stable Version – Addition of asymmetric play modes “Meeting Engagements” and “Advanced Operations”
- v0.3.2 – Bugfixes to v0.3.1, consolidation to 10 missions.
- v0.3.1 – Initial Draft post move to Grav/Markdown distribution model
If you play a game, we would love to hear about your experience as well as how the game went. If you play with house rules, we request that you play without them for HGBTS tests games so we can compare your feedback fairly with that from other players. Either way, please give us a summary of your house rules, that’s interesting feedback as well.
You can provide feedback by emailing us at [email protected]. Here are some general questions we need help answering:
- Is the 6/4 point split between scenario objectives and secondary (book mission) objectives appropriate?
- Are there any action economy problems in a particular scenario? For example, having to move farther than most average gears can move or taking too many actions to interact with objectives, etc.
- Any clarity or typo fixes in the rules.
- What happens when a game goes to time in a tournament, and there’s no 4th turn? What would you change about a mission’s scoring when that happens?
While Heavy Gear 3.x has been rolling out, Jon (WiseKensai) and Adam (TheDiceAbide) have been working on a competitive tournament system for the new edition. Help us test a seasonal tournament system for Heavy Gear!
A few notes:
- This ruleset is in Alpha.
- We will be releasing new versions including bugfixes and clarifications.
- Please help us test things, and provide feedback!
Here’s the launch episode of Late Night Wargames if you want to know more!