There’s been a lot of discussion on Airstrikes and Drones recently, so let’s have a go at using them in our Heavy Gear games!
Drones add some serious action economy for only 1TV, especially those Recon drones!
If rolling up on your opponent and just asploding is your thing, there’s the Demo Drone! If you’d rather do all of this from the sky, try out the Airstrike tokens!
If you’d like to learn more, check out our articles!
Given the current situation around the world, it’s hard to hold in person tournaments, so we’ll try to simulate the tournament process by doing the following:
- Find a willing opponent!
- If you’re playing a Terra Novan faction, take Drones. If you’re taking an off-world army, take at least one Airstrike token.
- Play a game, please take pictures!
- Write up a quick battle report with the results (please include picture, and share it with [email protected]!
Please use the above battle report template and share it with [email protected], it makes the uploading process and managing pictures much easier! You don’t have to annotate the pictures, but they’re very important for context. It’s important to get a feel for table layout, terrain density, average engagement range, that sort of thing.
Rules and Prizes
- You have till the end of December, 2021 to submit a battle report which includes:
- A few pictures of your table
- Army lists, preferably with the Gear Grinder link
- An estimate of how long your game took
- What objectives you chose!
- Final score and remaining TV (what was left alive)
- Please share the Google Doc you generate with [email protected]!
- As part of your submission, please send the email you used for the DP9 store so we can get you store credit!
- Your first ever submission to Lumbering Sprocket will get you 5 points of store credit on store.dp9.com! If you submitted previously, you’re sadly not eligible for this, but you ARE eligible for the random drawing!
- We’ll randomly select a winner from the list of participants to get 20 additional points of credit! Sorry, no repeat winners.
Since we’re looking to evaluate mission balance, we need to ensure as consistent a play experience from our play tests as possible. Please try to keep house rules to a minimum, especially if they have large effects on gameplay. If you want some guidance on terrain, have a look here:
Note that you don’t have to do one this detailed! We’re really interested in:
- General flow of the game
- Any balance issues you find
- Any mistakes/clarity improvements
That’s it! Happy gaming!