Well, Dream Pod 9 has released some new updates to the 3rd edition Force Compendium. Let’s get them some more playtest data from the community!
If you’re looking for something to investigate, we’re interested in the following weapon changes:
- Grenade Launchers gaining Burst: 1
- Pulse Lasers and Particle Accelerator range changes.
- Machine Guns gaining Split: 2
What do you think about these changes after a game or two?
Given the current situation around the world, it’s hard to hold in person tournaments, so we’ll try to simulate the tournament process by doing the following:
- Find a willing opponent!
- Build a list that includes some of the Force Compendium changes!
- Randomly select one of the HGBTS missions to play.
- Play a game, please take pictures!
- Write up a quick battle report with the results (please include picture, and share it with [email protected]!
Please use the above battle report template and share it with [email protected], it makes the uploading process and managing pictures much easier! You don’t have to annotate the pictures, but they’re very important for context. It’s important to get a feel for table layout, terrain density, average engagement range, that sort of thing.
If you have notes you want to share about the missions and start a discussion with the HGBTS team and or the larger community, hop on over to the DP9 forums at the following thread:
Rules and Prizes
- You have till the end of September, 2021 to submit a battle report which includes:
- A few pictures of your table
- Army lists, preferably with the Gear Grinder link
- An estimate of how long your game took
- Final score and remaining TV (what was left alive)
- Please share the Google Doc you generate with [email protected]!
- As part of your submission, please send the email you used for the DP9 store so we can get you store credit!
- Your first ever submission to Lumbering Sprocket will get you 5 points of store credit on store.dp9.com! If you submitted previously, you’re sadly not eligible for this, but you ARE eligible for the random drawing!
- We’ll randomly select a winner from the list of participants to get 20 additional points of credit!
Since we’re looking to evaluate mission balance, we need to ensure as consistent a play experience from our play tests as possible. Please try to keep house rules to a minimum, especially if they have large effects on gameplay. If you want some guidance on terrain, have a look at this timestamped YouTube video:
If you want an example of a battle report (and some photos to show terrain density), you can look here:
Note that you don’t have to do one this detailed! We’re really interested in:
- General flow of the game
- Any balance issues you find
- Any mistakes/clarity improvements
That’s it! Happy gaming!