With the release of the Heavy Gear Blitz! Tournament System, we desperately need playtest data to help balance the missions. You can find the missions and objective cards here:
Given the current situation around the world, it’s hard to hold in person tournaments, so we’ll try to simulate the tournament process by doing the following:
- Find a willing opponent!
- Design two 100 or 150 TV Lists that cover the following missions:
- Commanding Presence
- Prisoner Exchange
- Two Towers
- Randomly select one of the missions to play.
- Each of you choose one of your two lists to play.
- Play a game, please take pictures!
- Write up a quick battle report with the results (please include picture, and share it with [email protected]!
Please use the above battle report template and share it with [email protected], it makes the uploading process and managing pictures much easier! You don’t have to annotate the pictures, but they’re very important for context. It’s important to get a feel for table layout, terrain density, average engagement range, that sort of thing.
If you have notes you want to share about the missions and start a discussion with the HGBTS team and or the larger community, hop on over to the DP9 forums at the following thread:
Rules and Prizes
- You have till the end of August, 2021 to submit a battle report which includes:
- A few pictures of your table
- Army lists, preferably with the Gear Grinder link
- An estimate of how long your game took
- Final score and remaining TV (what was left alive)
- Please share the Google Doc you generate with [email protected]!
- As part of your submission, please send the email you used for the DP9 store so we can get you store credit!
- Your first ever submission to Lumbering Sprocket will get you 5 points of store credit on store.dp9.com! If you submitted previously, you’re sadly not eligible for this, but you ARE negligible for the random drawing!
- We’ll randomly select a winner from the list of participants to get 20 additional points of credit!
Since we’re looking to evaluate mission balance, we need to ensure as consistent a play experience from our play tests as possible. Please try to keep house rules to a minimum, especially if they have large effects on gameplay. If you want some guidance on terrain, have a look at this timestamped YouTube video:
If you want an example of a battle report (and some photos to show terrain density), you can look here:
Note that you don’t have to do one this detailed! We’re really interested in:
- General flow of the game
- Any balance issues you find
- Any mistakes/clarity improvements
That’s it! Happy gaming!