Welcome to the first Lumbering Sprocket mission! If you’ve followed my missions over at Bromad Academy you have an idea of how this works, but if this is your first time, glad to have you here! And yes, there are PRIZES. We’ll release a new mission monthly, but since this is the first one, this mission will be for May through June 2021!
With the release of the Heavy Gear Blitz! Tournament System, we desperately need playtest data to help balance the missions. You can find the missions and objective cards here:
Given the current situation around the world, it’s hard to hold in person tournaments, so we’ll try to simulate the tournament process by doing the following:
- Find a willing opponent!
- Design two 150 TV Lists that cover the following missions:
- High Ground
- Sector Control
- Randomly select one of the missions to play.
- Each of you choose one of your two lists to play.
- Play a game, please take pictures!
- Write up a quick battle report with the results (please include , and share it with [email protected]!
Please use the above battle report template and share it with [email protected], it makes the uploading process and managing pictures much easier! You don’t have to annotate the pictures, but they’re very important for context. It’s important to get a feel for table layout, terrain density, average engagement range, that sort of thing.
Rules and Prizes
- You have till the end of June, 2021 to submit a battle report which includes:
- A few pictures of your table
- Army lists, preferably with the Gear Grinder link
- Final score and remaining TV (what was left alive)
- Please share the Google Doc you generate with [email protected]!
- As part of your submission, please send the email you used for the DP9 store so we can get you store credit!
- Your first ever submission to Lumbering Sprocket will get you 5 points of store credit on store.dp9.com!
- We’ll randomly select a winner from the list of participants to get 20 additional points of credit!
If you want an example of a battle report, you can look here:
Note that you don’t have to do one this detailed! We’re really interested in:
- General flow of the game
- Any balance issues you find
- Any mistakes/clarity improvements
That’s it! Happy gaming!